There are 10 Influencing Tenets. Each one is hard at work influencing our behaviors, our actions, and even our failures to act.
Sometimes they drive us to success, sometimes they drive us to distraction, othertimes they drive us crazy, but they are always driving us.
Master these and you’ll master people – the ones at the office, the ones at home, and the one in your shoes.
1. We all think the world revolves around us.
2. We desperately need meaning in our lives and our work.
3. We are dying to make a difference.
4. We want to win, not lose.
5. We crave control.
6. We urgently want to feel as though we are important.
7. We have an insatiable appetite to be respected, appreciated, valued, and heard.
8. We are at risk of succumbing to the herd.
10. We dreadfully fear rejection.
You can read more about these in my new book:
Moxie for Managers: The Secret to Evolving from Manager to Leader